Via White, Australia's naval "strategy" explained. Here are just a few things.
1. The Air Warfare Destroyer is not a worthy project.
2. The Air Warfare Destroyer is a waste when we could get Burkes for $1B each.
3. The idea that the Air Warfare Destroyer (or some similar projects) provides industry worth may not be accurate. It takes useful (and limited) skills away from non-military sectors.
4. The amphibious flatops are also a waste. One reason is we won't be able to protect them.
5. Sea denial should be the strategy, not force projection. Simply because of our limited resources.
White mentions subs, but given everything stated so far, it is hard to believe we have credible skills to build those at home.
I would quote a few things, but it is all good. He hasn't always hit the mark but this is White's best work.