Canada will host a meeting on F-35 woes.
It would be helpful though if some of the people show up with some facts. If this is what the UK JSF partner knows about F-35 cost increase, then they are not well informed.
Some facts to add to the article.
1. The F-35 is rising in cost because of senior program management incompetence (both the JPO and LM) and significant technical defects.
2. The U.K, has received an F-35 but it is the wrong kind; a mistake-jet B instead of a mistake-jet C.
3. 2016 is overly optimistic since it is unlikely a lot of the technical defects will be fixed by then. Add to that, they won't get Block 3f software. One would hope they have the TR-2 hardware working by that time because without it, Block 3f software will not function. Why would anyone want to order an incomplete and faulty aircraft that is this expensive?
4. At this time, the F-35C which is what the U.K., now wants, has a major defect in the hook placement on the airframe which may keep it from trapping. The U.K. should not go forward on any F-35 decision until this fix appears.
5. The U.K stating that they will be able to afford less F-35s is already known. This was assumed when their original projection dropped from 150 down to: a handful in the MOD budget massacre.
6. The pilot training program is still grounded. A wait and see on this, before ordering mistake-jets used for “training” would be prudent.
So, if none of that is considered by the U.K at the Canadian meeting, they might as well not show up at all.